- June 14, 2015
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
- One copy of birth certificate or other government proof of date of birth
- Current biography (Include professional resume, curriculum vitae, at least one reference letter from music teacher with contact information)
- Youtube link of a performance (Duration: Minimum10 minutes. Please refer to Audition Repertoire Requirements)
- Application fee (non-refundable): HK$ 400 (except for Jury Special Prize Division, please refer to Audition Repertoire Requirements)
. Methods of payment:
- Bank Transfer* 銀行過數
Hong Kong Generation Next Arts Limited 香港新世代藝術協會有限公司
HSBC Bank Acc. No. 匯豐銀行帳號 : 848 648028 838
BANK NAME 銀行 : HSBC
BANK CODE 銀行號碼 : 004
ADDRESS 地址 : 1 Queen’s Road Central,Hong Kong
SWIFT CODE 國際匯款代碼 : HSBC HKH HHKH
- Crossed Cheques 劃線支票
payable to “Hong Kong Generation Next Arts Ltd” 抬頭請註明 “香港新世代藝術協會有限公司”
9A Foo Cheong Bldg, 82-86 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan
To help us identify the bank transfer please ensure your bank quotes details of Payment (your name and contact number) 為方便確認付款，請於支票附上閣下姓名及聯絡號碼
- Paypal 網上付款
please refer to here for further instruction. 請按此參照更多資料
*Please send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the receipt together with your application for our confirmation. If you are applying online, please send us your Paypal receipt document.
- All documents must be received by September 30, 2016 (by many requests, we are happy to announce that we are extending the deadline to Oct 8).
Audition Repertoire Requirements 面試曲目規則
- Choice of repertoire within the required categories is at the candidate’s discretion.
- Candidates may present the same repertoire for both the semi-final and final auditions. Candidates must be prepared to perform complete works or complete movements of longer works, and to perform all submitted repertoire in both live rounds. The Jury will ask to hear selections of the repertoire at their discretion.
- Memorization: Competition repertoire for all instruments must be performed by memory in all auditions.
Required repertoire for Preliminary Audition 初賽曲目要求 :
Junior Division 少兒組 (Ages 6-12) :
- Pianists: Single work of recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
- Strings: Single work of concerto or recital repertoire
Senior Division 少年組 (Ages 13-17):
- Pianists: Two contrasting works of recital repertoire
- Strings: Two contrasting works of concerto or recital repertoire
Young Artist Division 新晉藝術家組 (Ages 18-30) :
- Pianists: Three contrasting works of recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
- Instrumentalists: Two contrasting works of concerto or recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
Jury Special Prize 評審特別大獎 (Ages 6-30) :
HKGNA is committed to serving our next generation of young artists including those with disadvantaged circumstances and those that need special attention and nurturing. Therefore, a special prize will be awarded at the Jury’s discretion to a contestant who demonstrates musical talent and financial need.
Ages 6-12 :
- Pianists: Single work of recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
- Strings: Single work of concerto or recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
Ages 13-30 :
- Pianists: Two contrasting works of recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
- Strings: Two contrasting works of concerto or recital repertoire, at the applicant’s discretion
In addition to the regular requirements, the contestant must write a statement limited to 100 words on why he or she should be considered for this special prize. The contestant (or parent(s) if below 18) must submit a recent Hong Kong Tax Return as proof of income to demonstrate financial need.
No application fee required.
Uploading a video on YouTube 上傳影片要求
- Duration of the video: minimum 10 minutes for all divisions.
- Video quality: A professional video is not required. However, a clear audio and video quality are expected. Inadequate video quality can lead to an entry being disqualified.
- Video editing is forbidden: The video must not be edited by any means and must record continuously from beginning to end.
- Image detail: The applicant’s head, arms and hands must be clearly shown on the video. We highly recommended having a fixed camera position showing them at all times. The applicant should behave as if they are performing in front of audience. The video can either be recorded at home, at school, in a recital hall or any other place wherever suitable.
- Sound recording: The performance recorded for the video entry must be acoustic and not amplified or altered electronically in any way. The only microphone(s) used should be for recording.
- Title of the video: The video for HKGNA Music Competition 2016 must be titled as follows on Youtube: “HKGNA Music Competition 2016 [First and last name of the applicant]”; all words should be separated by a space
- Privacy settings: When you upload the video to Youtube, you must select “Public” in the “Privacy” settings. If “Unlisted” or “Private” is selected, your submission will be invalid.
- Application form: Once the video has been uploaded to YouTube as described above, the official HKGNA Music Competition 2016 application form must be filled out and submitted by post/email/online. It must contain the video link. Only then is the application completed.
Additional Requirements and Information 其他要求
- Applicants chosen as semi-finalists will perform selections from his/her recording in front of a Jury in a live audition. The Admission Committee will email or phone the notification of acceptance to each semi-finalist by October 15, 2016
- Audition dates 比賽日期 :
Semi-finals 準決賽日期 – October 21-23, 2016 | 2016年10月21-23日
Junior Division 少兒組 – Duration: minimum 10 minutes 不少於十分鐘
Senior Division 少年組 – Duration: minimum 10 minutes 不少於十分鐘
Young Artist Division 新晉藝術家組 – Duration: minimum 15 minutes 不少於十五分鐘
Jury Special Prize Division 評審特別大獎組 – Duration: minimum 10 minutes 不少於十分鐘
- Semi-finalists who are chosen as Finalists will be notified via telephone.
- Audition Date for Final 決賽日期: October 25, 2016.
- Final Round Auditions will consist of a 30 minute or less performance of selections from his/her recordings and interview by the Jury.
- Top prize winners will be determined by the Jury and the decisions are final.
- Accompanist: Please note that we do not provide an accompanist at this time. Therefore, please make your own arrangements if you require one. If you are having trouble finding an accompanist we may be able to recommend one to you, but we will need to know about this in advance and cannot make any guarantees.
- The organizer will not use any of the applicant recording materials for commercial activities and will not take responsibilities for any of these materials found on the Internet or other media.
Travel Expenses 其他費用
Competitors are responsible for their own as well as their accompanists’ travel and accommodation expenses.
General Terms and Conditions
Hong Kong Generation Next Arts Ltd (HKGNA) is not responsible for and shall not be held liable for (a) lost, late, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, or misdirected entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) failed, incomplete, partial, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of HKGNA or the HKGNA Music Competition that may cause the competition to be disrupted; (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the competition; (f) any claims, suits, actions, liabilities, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind in connection with the competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prizes and awards.
By entering this competition, each entrant, parent or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agrees to accept these rules and be bound by the decisions of HKGNA Music Competition, its Jury and staff, which are final and binding in all matters.